Frequently Asked Questions
For anything you may wonder about the parquet, “Emois et Bois” provides you with answers! Preparing your support, installation methods, renovation, maintenance … click on the question to have the answer.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PARQUET
- logging and the origin of wood
- selection, sawing
- the process of drying and stabilization. The wood is stored in warehouses to stabilize pro-gressively pro-wood to humidity adapted to the floor so that it takes its final shape. This is is a must. Over time there will be more stabilized production cost will be.
- production processes (machining quality)
- surface treatments
PREPARATION BEFORE INSTALLING THE FLOOR SUPPORT
INSTALLATION OF PARQUET
- The massive present an advantage as to the true and living next to the wood, its thickness (15 or 20 mm of noble wood) will also give him unparalleled longevity.
- The present laminated conversely the possibility of a much more stable parquet, very im-portant if one wants to ask her on a parquet floor heating for example.
- The laminate is useful if one wants to put a budget in certain rooms while having a wood decor.
- Laying nailed: the traditional pose. Each blade is nailed to a wooden support “sleep-ers”, installed perpendicular to the floor. We choose this pose when you search a greater flexibility when renovating or parquet with an existing equivalent structure.
- Glued laying: parquet integral with its support, avoiding the resonance, this pose will allow the prosecution to be more stable, more pleasant to be walked on and avoid creaking with age.
- Floating installation: In some cases, you can ask other than floating. It may also be more economical. Do not hesitate to seek advice from Emois et Bois according to your particular case.
- The waxed finish: it is the most traditional protection, today it is used if you want a pa-tine old. It is also unmistakable by its smell. It is unfortunately not practical: a polishing several times a year is needed.
- The varnish finish (or vitrified): it replaced the wax from the 50s It has the advantage of not having care of it and was soon adopted generally. It has the disadvantage of being scratched more easily and any repairs must sand the entire surface.
- The oiled finish: very fashionable now. It has many advantages. Increased strength, a matt appearance to date, opportunities colors much more important and a local repair eliminating the need to sand the entire piece. And if formerly an oiled parquet posed the problem of maintenance (often had re-oiled his floor) specific know exist today. Applied as simple-ment with the mop, they will protect your floor.
Finishing and maintenance of my parquet
Renovation of my parquet
Manufacturing bespoke furniture
« Emois et Bois », quality flooring in the Ile-de-France Region
Ask your question
Can not find the answer to your question in our FAQ ?
Complete this form and we will respond as soon as possible