OXIDATIVELY OILED PARQUET FLOORING, AN EASY LIVING FINISH
The floor needs to be protected with a topcoat. The varnish had, in the Fifties, replaced the wax. Fashion, at the time, was to have a flashy covering, brilliant. Today the trend is a natural-looking finish, manufacturers have adapted and offer satin varnish, matt or raw appearance.
However, varnishes have become much stronger, they forme protective films like UV oils. To remove scratches on the surface of flooring you will need to sand and refinish it in full.
The drying oils in the open air called “oxidative oils” are not forming a protective film, it is not necessary to sand the floor, unlike varnish or UV oils, for renovation. Deep scratches can be repaired without having to restore the entire floor.
The “oxydatively oiled” parquet has many advantages:
- Easy maintenance: an “oxydatively oiled” parquet does not have to be regularly re-oiled
- With soap maintenance, cleaning is as easy as for tiles. This product contains natural soap as well as vegetable oil and pigments (for clear finishes) with each pass of the mop, wood will be cleaned and fed, and it will not clog your parquet floor.
- The oxydative oil respects the natural look of wooden floors, it highlights the wood
- Oxydative oiling, thanks to the natural hues and shades provides reactive aspects and unusual finishes
- Oxydative oiling is a finish that is suitable for any type of wood in every room of the house.
- To be refurbished an “oxydatively oiled” parquet does not need to be sanded.
When, for lack of maintenance or as a result of a tumultuous evening, your floor is dirty, it will need to be thoroughly cleaned by applying an intensive cleaner to mop. Then you can apply maintenance oil.
If you want to give a satin finish to your floor, use an oil-wax it can be polished with a single brush.
All cleaning products: cleaning soap, highly concentrated cleaner, spray, etc. are available in retail outlets of “Emois et Bois”.
The Professional opinion of Emois & Bois
These steps ensure a reliable protection of your sealed parquet floors so you can enjoy them worry-free and see their beauty grow in years to come.
EXEMPLES DE PARQUETS HUILÉS OXYDATIFS
152.28 €HT / M2
Parquet massif Nacré en chêne US
Collection Couleurs du Large
311.04 €HT / M2
72.12 €HT / M2